Maintenance & Service
Regular maintenance ensures trouble-free operation - and helps protect your investment.
Supporting homeowners after the purchase of a KOHLER® generator is an important part of providing a gracious living experience for anyone who comes in contact with our products.
- We have factory-certified KOHLER service technicians on staff
- We follow Kohler's recommended maintenance schedule and file and maintain all warranty claims with Kohler
- We recommend annual scheduled maintenance for peace of mind
- Maintenance plan customers receive priority service during outages
- Know if there is a problem before the lights go out. If the generator does not exercise at its scheduled time there may be an issue.
- Allow Northeast Generator to access and test the Transfer Switch by simulating a power failure.
Understand the Basics
- What is connected to the generator and what is not?
- Know the locations of your emergency equipment.
- Know where your control panel is on the generator to monitor the current status – Ready, Warnings or Faults.
Operating During an Outage
- For an outage lasting more than 24-hrs your generator is required to be shut down and the engine oil level checked and corrected at least once every 24-hrs. Consult your owner’s manual for more specific intervals.
- Consult your owner’s manual for specific information to your system i.e. engine oil grade, quantity and how to check.
- Understand how to shut down and restart the generator – Do not perform those operations while the generator power is on to the home or building. The generator output breaker must be off before shutting down or restarting the generator.
- Verify your carbon dioxide monitor is operating correctly to protect against engine exhaust.